Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by cm...@collab.net on 2002/08/20 15:52:27 UTC

Changing the Filesystem Schema (again)

Later today, I plan to merge in my changes from the issue-842-dev
branch.  This will necessitate an `svnadmin dump/load' cycle for
everyone with currently existing repositories (if you wish to use your
repository via ra_local with newer clients).

Just warning ya.

Re: Changing the Filesystem Schema (again)

Posted by "Glenn A. Thompson" <gt...@cdr.net>.

Karl Fogel wrote:

> "Glenn A. Thompson" <gt...@cdr.net> writes:
> > After this happens, do you see any more major FS/schema changes for 1.0?
>
> That's impossible to predict, unfortunately.  We'd like to avoid it,
> but if we need to do it to fix a serious problem, we will.

OK, just checking to see if anyone is poking the ant hill again :-)

gat

Re: Changing the Filesystem Schema (again)

Posted by Karl Fogel <kf...@newton.ch.collab.net>.
"Glenn A. Thompson" <gt...@cdr.net> writes:
> After this happens, do you see any more major FS/schema changes for 1.0?

That's impossible to predict, unfortunately.  We'd like to avoid it,
but if we need to do it to fix a serious problem, we will.

-K

Re: Changing the Filesystem Schema (again)

Posted by "Glenn A. Thompson" <gt...@cdr.net>.

Hey

Posted by Philip Martin <ph...@codematters.co.uk>.
cmpilato@collab.net writes:

> Geez.  Here's the second problem.
>
> repos_to_wc_copy() does the following, in this order, for the file
> case:
>
>    ra->get_file (file) /* this downloads the file from the server */
>    set any properties that exist on file.
>    wc_add (file) /* at this point, the file is added to the entries file */
>
> Now, someone please tell me how we can set properties on a file that
> is NOT YET UNDER VERSION CONTROL?!

Sounds like issue 591.  Oddly enough it seems to work in some
cases(!), look at test 8 in copy_tests.py.

--
Philip Martin

Re: Changing the Filesystem Schema (again)

Posted by cm...@collab.net.

Posted by Philip Martin <ph...@codematters.co.uk>.

Posted by Philip Martin <ph...@codematters.co.uk>.

cmpilato@collab.net writes:

> Later today, I plan to merge in my changes from the issue-842-dev
> branch.  This will necessitate an `svnadmin dump/load' cycle for
> everyone with currently existing repositories (if you wish to use your
> repository via ra_local with newer clients).
>
> Just warning ya.

Well, it appears I have to go off a freakin' tangent and fix
merge/wc-access-baton bugs before the above actually happens.  So, let
me restate: