Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Milanez, Marcus" <Ma...@diebold.com> on 2007/06/05 22:07:49 UTC

Perm Size

Hi,

I'm trying to use the following parameters in my Tomcat 6 server through
tomcat6w.exe, but they don't seem to take any effect:

-Dserver -XX:-UseSerialGC -XX:MaxPermSize=256m -XX:PermSize=128m

What happens is that my Perm Size still has its default value, which is
64mb. What am I doing wrong? Is it right to use the "-Dserver" in the
beggining, cause if I remove it my service doesn't start.

Thanks!

Re: Perm Size

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
> Note to Mark T:
> The service.bat script for 6.0.13 still references
> http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat.

Thanks. Fixed.

Mark

RE: Perm Size

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: Milanez, Marcus [mailto:Marcus.Milanez@diebold.com]
> Subject: Perm Size
>
> I'm trying to use the following parameters in my Tomcat 6
> server through tomcat6w.exe, but they don't seem to take
> any effect:
>
> -Dserver

There's no such option as "-Dserver".  If you're trying to run Tomcat as
a service using the server JVM, you have to clear the Use Default
checkbox on the Java tab, and specify the location of the server version
of the jvm.dll file.  Alternatively, you can edit
%JRE_HOME%\lib\i386\jvm.cfg to put the -server line first in the list.

> -XX:-UseSerialGC -XX:MaxPermSize=256m -XX:PermSize=128m

Are you trying to put all these on one line? They must each be on a
separate line in the Java Options space of the Java tab.  All are
effective when I try it, as shown by Lambda Probe.

Note to Mark T:
The service.bat script for 6.0.13 still references
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat.

Note to Martin G:
The JAVA_OPTS environment variable has no effect when running Tomcat as
a Windows service.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.

Re: Perm Size

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
Marcus-
JAVA_OPTS = -XX:MaxPermSize=128m
looks ok...

are you using J2SE 1.5 jmap to display the heap or some other tool???
Thx/
M--