Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Riedl Juergen <Ju...@icn.siemens.de> on 2001/10/01 16:46:31 UTC

Cocoon 2 and WebPagePortlet

Hi all,

can someone give me an advice, how to integrate cocoon 2 with jetspeed 1.3a2 under tomcat 3.2.3? I did the following:

in the protlet.xreg I entered:

    <portlet-entry name="Cocoon" hidden="false" type="ref"
        parent="WebPagePortlet" application="false">
            <title>Cocoon</title>
            <description>Cocoon</description>
        <parameter name="dont_remove_applet" value="yes" hidden="false"/>
        <url>http://mhn21270:8080/cocoon/</url>
    </portlet-entry>

The entry shows up in Jetspeed Customizer, and I add it on my customized page. However, nothing is shown.

Either programms, jetspeed and cocoon run under the same tomcat , either of them are up and running. Machine name is mhn21270. There is no difference if I enter localhost instead.

Juergen

Re: Cocoon 2 and WebPagePortlet

Posted by Paul Spencer <pa...@mikon.com>.
Does the following return a web page in your browser, I suspect it will
not?
   http://mhn21270:8080/cocoon/

Does the JavaWeb protlet work?

The following allows applets to be passed by the portlet, in this case
their are no applets to pass. Thus it is doing nothing, but taking up
space in the xreg file.
         <parameter name="dont_remove_applet" value="yes"
hidden="false"/>

Paul Spencer