Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Robert <ro...@gmx.de> on 2003/09/05 16:19:31 UTC

svnadmin create and load (and error).

Hello.
Please help me with the creation of the db and with the loading of my
svn 0.25 db.

I run on Mac OS X.2 and have svn 0.28 to configure.

I su'ed and run:
svnadmin create mySVNdatabase

after that I got an access error in the Safari browser.
Berkeley DB error while opening environment for filesystem
/Volumes/Datenquelle/subversion_cvs_repository/db: Permission denied

My Apache runs as user nobody and group "svn repos"
So I changed all files in mySVNdatabase/db: chown nobody:'svn repos' *

Safari now asks for my authentication and displays
Revision 0: /
Powered by Subversion version 0.28.0 (r6894).

So far so fine.

Then I did:
svnadmin load path/mySVNdatabase < path/dump0_25__5_9_03
I encountered no errors: To show this I just paste the last paragraph
of the output:
<<< Started new txn, based on original revision 135
      * editing path : trunk/Configuration/Apache_2_0_47_Mac_OS_X/Stop
Apache.perl ... done.

------- Committed revision 135 >>>

Firing up Safai again I got this error:
  Berkeley DB error while opening `nodes' table for filesystem
/Volumes/Datenquelle/subversion_cvs_repository/db: DB_RUNRECOVERY:
Fatal error, run database recovery

what could be wrong?

Thanks for help,
Robert

Re: svnadmin create and load (and error).

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.
Robert <ro...@gmx.de> writes:

> Firing up Safai again I got this error:
>   Berkeley DB error while opening `nodes' table for filesystem
> /Volumes/Datenquelle/subversion_cvs_repository/db: DB_RUNRECOVERY:
> Fatal error, run database recovery

Probably permissions problems again.  If you ran the 'svnadmin load'
as some strange user with a strange umask, you probably (some) left the
berkeleydb files in an unopenable/unwritable state.

So, run 'svnadmin recover' as a user that has full r/w access (like
maybe root, or 'nobody') to the db files, then *very carefully* make
sure that the ownership and permissions on *everything* in the db/
folder is +rw by 'nobody'.