Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Peter Adelman <pe...@deltasoftinc.com> on 2013/10/28 16:15:49 UTC

Specialized image type

Hi,

I'm trying to open a rxn file type (which is a chemical reaction image) file
type with POI and having no success.  Because this is such a peculiar
image/file type I would not expect it to be recognized by POI.  However
could someone suggest a way to do this?  I don't have the internal file
structure of an rxn file so I'm afraid I'm at a disadvantage.  What I'm
really looking to do is open the image file as an OLE object  and display it
in a ppt file. Perhaps this is impossible..Thanks for your help if you
respond to this thread!

Re: Specialized image type

Posted by Mitch Miller <mi...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Peter,

Rxn files are text rather than images.  You'll need a separate component to render the reaction and generate an image.

Mitch

Mitchell Miller, Ph.D.

mitch.miller@yahoo.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/mitchmiller01