Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Salikh Zakirov <Sa...@Intel.com> on 2006/08/02 13:55:39 UTC

Re: [tools] [patch] Modifications to harmony eclipse plugin to make it work with DRLVM

Geir Magnusson Jr wrote:
> Great.  Can you augment this to be applied to a copy of the launcher
> code we'll keep in the DRLVM tree?

And why will we keep a copy of launcher (I assume you mean Eclipse Launching plugin)
code in the DRLVM tree?

The changes below are meant to be general enough to make the plugin working
with both ClearVM and DRLVM. I suggest to apply these changes to the original
plugin source tree.

> And maybe a simpler buildfile that
> isn't a part of the DRLVM build infrastructure?

The buildfile I've sent with the patch is standalone.
And I believe it is simple. Current Eclipse plugin source
tree do not have any build file, but only eclipse project file.
I have tried to use Eclipse to build the jar file, but without success,
so I created a standalone build file.

It is based on the xml file from DRLVM build infrastructure,
but it is not dependent on it.

> (which we want to get away from...)

The thing I want to get away from is building of custom HyPlugin
during DRLVM build.

Do you mean that you want to get rid of current DRLVM build system
as a whole?

Re: [tools] [patch] Modifications to harmony eclipse plugin to make it work with DRLVM

Posted by Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@pobox.com>.

Salikh Zakirov wrote:
> Geir Magnusson Jr wrote:
>> Great.  Can you augment this to be applied to a copy of the launcher
>> code we'll keep in the DRLVM tree?
>
> And why will we keep a copy of launcher (I assume you mean Eclipse Launching plugin)
> code in the DRLVM tree?

Because we're going to switch to using the launcher, and therefore
patching the eclipse plugin should be temporary.

> The changes below are meant to be general enough to make the plugin working
> with both ClearVM and DRLVM. I suggest to apply these changes to the original
> plugin source tree.

There should be no reason to have our plugin differ by VM if we're
committed to the launcher model, in which case each VM has to behave the
same.

Having a DRLVM-as-it-is-now specific plugin is a temporary measure, right?

>> And maybe a simpler buildfile that
>> isn't a part of the DRLVM build infrastructure?
>
> The buildfile I've sent with the patch is standalone.

Ah - I thought it was part of the current DRLVM build system.  Sorry.

> And I believe it is simple. Current Eclipse plugin source
> tree do not have any build file, but only eclipse project file.
> I have tried to use Eclipse to build the jar file, but without success,
> so I created a standalone build file.
>
> It is based on the xml file from DRLVM build infrastructure,
> but it is not dependent on it.

Great.

>> (which we want to get away from...)
>
> The thing I want to get away from is building of custom HyPlugin
> during DRLVM build.
>
> Do you mean that you want to get rid of current DRLVM build system
> as a whole?

Of course.

geir