Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by Remya Thomas <re...@gmail.com> on 2011/07/07 14:20:58 UTC

Derby Issue

Hi Team,

We are using derby-10.4.1.3 in our application. Recently, we faced an
issue in using this derby database with an exception

java.sql.SQLTransactionRollbackException: A lock could not be obtained
within the time requested

I would like to know under what scenario this exception could occur
and if this issue is already addressed in any one of the derby
buglist. Please refer the bug id or if you want to take into the
programming level, please suggest the statement to avoid this issue.

Thanks in advance,
Remya

Re: Derby Issue

Posted by Rick Hillegas <ri...@oracle.com>.
On 7/7/11 5:20 AM, Remya Thomas wrote:
> Hi Team,
>
> We are using derby-10.4.1.3 in our application. Recently, we faced an
> issue in using this derby database with an exception
>
> java.sql.SQLTransactionRollbackException: A lock could not be obtained
> within the time requested
>
> I would like to know under what scenario this exception could occur
> and if this issue is already addressed in any one of the derby
> buglist. Please refer the bug id or if you want to take into the
> programming level, please suggest the statement to avoid this issue.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Remya

Hi Remya,

The following FAQ may help you find your lock conflict:
http://db.apache.org/derby/faq.html#debug_lock_timeout

Hope this helps,
-Rick