Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by apinke <ap...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/19 15:15:19 UTC

BC for MQSeries

Is there a binding component for MQSeries that uses the MQI Interface instead
of the JMS interface ?

There seems to be one under development at Glassfish (
http://www.glassfishwiki.org/jbiwiki/Wiki.jsp?page=MQSeriesBC) but I am not
sure of the status.

In case there is none , are there any guidelines on how to write a BC ? I
can try and rollup one on my own but do I have to take a look at the HTTP or
JMS source and understand how to write the BC or  is there some document
that describes the steps ?

thanks
Pat

Re: BC for MQSeries

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.
On 5/22/07, apinke <ap...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks Gert !
>
> Since I will have to poll the queues should I be extending the
> PollingEndpoint ?
> Unlike JMS , this component will have to keep polling the queues for the
> message...
>
> Also , I noticed some different implementations for JMS and FTP in the
> following locations. Note sure which one should I use and would be easy to
> change for MQ..
>
> There is a JMS implementation in :
> common\servicemix-components\src\main\java\org\apache\servicemix\components\jms
> and then one in :
> src\deployables\bindingcomponents\servicemix-jms\src\main\java\org\apache\servicemix\jms
>
> The FTP or File  poller seems like a starting point :
> src\deployables\bindingcomponents\servicemix-ftp\src\main\java\org\apache\servicemix\ftp
> or
> src\common\servicemix-components\src\main\java\org\apache\servicemix\components\file
>
> The filepoller extends the PollingComponentSupport

What about extending the classes in the servicemix-quartz component in
order to define a polling interval?

Bruce
);'

Apache ActiveMQ - http://activemq.org/
Castor - http://castor.org/

Re: BC for MQSeries

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
You should try to use standard JBI components, i.e.
those inside the deployables folders, as they are JBI
compliant, can be used in other containers if needed,
and are usually more robust than the lightweight ones.

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet
Principal Engineer, IONA
Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/