Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Marcus Büttner <mb...@buett.at> on 2010/04/06 11:05:02 UTC

Problem with ViewParameter using Ajax calls

Hi,

if I use an Ajax Event in my case a primefaces ComanndButton then
ViewParameter are decoded, validated but not encoded.
That's a problem when requried is set to true in ViewParameter because
validation set submitted value to null and encodeAll should set
submitted value to current value. But encodeAll is never called during
an Ajax request and so the next state saving writes submitted value with
null.

Now submitted value is also restored with null value an required
validation fails.

Is there a way to encode ViewParameter in an Ajax Request?

Thx, regards
Marcus

Re: Problem with ViewParameter using Ajax calls

Posted by Jakob Korherr <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hi Marcus,

I already found out why this is not working. Take a look at the jira issue
MYFACES-2645 for more details.

Regards,
Jakob

Posted by Jakob Korherr <ja...@gmail.com>.