Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Thomas Kurz <th...@salzburgresearch.at> on 2013/11/28 16:34:56 UTC

problems with boolean query

Hi all!

I have a question regarding boolean queries. What I want to reach:

Return all documents where string-field „access" has value ‚allow*‘ or is not set.

My query:
fq = (access:Allow*) OR (-access:*)

But I got only the results where the field has value ‚allow*‘.

I am using solr 4.3.1 with the edismax query parser.

I am looking forward to get some hints, why the query might be failing.

Best regards and many thanks!
Thomas

--
Thomas Kurz
Forschung & Entwicklung / KMT

T: +43.662.2288-253 | F: -222
thomas.kurz@salzburgresearch.at
http://www.salzburgresearch.at

Re: problems with boolean query

Posted by tkurz <tk...@apache.org>.
Thank you very mutch! That fixed the problem!

Re: problems with boolean query

Posted by Jack Krupansky <ja...@basetechnology.com>.
Yeah, purely negative sub-queries have had problems, so rewrite:

fq = (access:Allow*) OR (-access:*)

as

fq = (access:Allow*) OR (*:* -access:*)

-- Jack Krupansky