Posted to dev@carbondata.apache.org by Liang Chen <ch...@gmail.com> on 2016/10/21 07:18:11 UTC

Beijing Apache CarbonData meetup:https://www.meetup.com/Apache-Carbondata-Meetup/events/235013117/

Hi all

Saturday, October 29, 2016 1:30 PM to 5:30 PM
You can apply through this link :
https://www.meetup.com/Apache-Carbondata-Meetup/events/235013117/

Regards
Liang

Re: Beijing Apache CarbonData meetup:https://www.meetup.com/Apache-Carbondata-Meetup/events/235013117/

Posted by gaodayue <da...@163.com>.
Thank you for hosting this event! Jacky did a very good work on explaining
the motivation and design of CarbonData. Although most of the content has
been described in PPT, the Q&A session is extremely helpful in clarifying
confusions and understanding the design choices made behind the scene.

As I came from Apache Kylin community, we talk about the possibilities of
using CarbonData as an alternative to HBase to store pre-calculate cube. The
columnar and inverted index feature of CarbonData sounds promising to
achieve better performance than HBase. Looking forward to
CarbonOutputFormat, then I can give it a try on integrating Kylin with
Carbon.

--
View this message in context: http://apache-carbondata-mailing-list-archive.1130556.n5.nabble.com/Beijing-Apache-CarbonData-meetup-https-www-meetup-com-Apache-Carbondata-Meetup-events-235013117-tp2146p2483.html
Sent from the Apache CarbonData Mailing List archive mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

Re: Beijing Apache CarbonData meetup:https://www.meetup.com/Apache-Carbondata-Meetup/events/235013117/

Posted by Xiaoqiao He <xq...@gmail.com>.
This meetup is really interesting. it's helpful to understanding arch. and
some details of Carbondataļ¼š
1.What is the advantages of Carbondata and scenarios are good for;
2.How Carbondata gets to its goal, include arch. and implementation, some
differences between carbondata and orc/parquet/hbase/kylin etc. also
intergraded with hadoop & spark;
3.Future and Roadmap.
I think it's a good choice to getting started and advanced with the slide
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CARBONDATA/10.29+Beijing+Apache+CarbonData+Meetup+PPT>
shared
by C.Liang and L.Kun.