Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Martin Kraemer <Ma...@mch.sni.de> on 1997/05/28 16:06:04 UTC

Documentation: ServerPath is very ..short..

Just by reading the htdocs/host.html, vhosts-in-depth.html and
mod/core.html#serverpath, it is almost impossible to understand what the
ServerPath directive really is supposed to do (use the source, Luke!).

I'm not very fluent in the english language, otherwise I'd try to write
down a few sentences so that joe.sysadmin can take advantage of the
ServerPath directive. I had the problem that I wanted port-based virtual
hosts (which, until now, didn't work out), and tried the serverpath
directive to make it work anyhow. Unfortunately, I had different
DocumentRoot's for the individual vhosts, so this was no solution either.

A working VHost example (with IP-based, non-IP-based and --iff it's
supposed to work now-- port-based VHosts) would be a valuable addition to
the documentation.

    Martin