Posted to user@ant.apache.org by hi...@accenture.com on 2005/06/21 18:19:02 UTC

iterating through an xmlproperty file

Hello gentle people;
I really need an advise  or a form of guidance on this
I use an xmlproperty file which roughly uses this structure:
<root>
   <celement name="" .../>
  <celement name=""/>
</root>

My current ant build file is made to process one c-element(using celement attributes to set a bunch of properties).
Now i have to loop through this xml file and to run my build file against all the celements.

How can i perform this?using a foreach task in a "super" ant build file?

And by the way this xml file was previously a csv file. Is it possible to read and iterate through a csv file in ant?

Any help is welcome guys!

regards,
hind.

Re: iterating through an xmlproperty file

Posted by Brian Agnew <br...@oopsconsultancy.com>.
XmlTask can iterate through this using the <call> subtask

http://www.oopsconsultancy.com/software/xmltask/

hind.lwahhabi@accenture.com wrote:

>Hello gentle people;
>I really need an advise  or a form of guidance on this
>I use an xmlproperty file which roughly uses this structure:
><root>
>   <celement name="" .../>
>  <celement name=""/>
></root>
>
>My current ant build file is made to process one c-element(using celement attributes to set a bunch of properties).
>Now i have to loop through this xml file and to run my build file against all the celements.
>
>How can i perform this?using a foreach task in a "super" ant build file?
>
>And by the way this xml file was previously a csv file. Is it possible to read and iterate through a csv file in ant?
>
>Any help is welcome guys!
>
>regards,
>hind.
>

>This message is for the designated recipient only and may contain privileged, proprietary, or otherwise private information.  If you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original.  Any other use of the email by you is prohibited.

Brian Agnew                  http://www.oopsconsultancy.com
OOPS Consultancy Ltd         brian @ oopsconsultancy.com
Tel: +44 (0)7720 397526
Fax: +44 (0)20 8682 0012