Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by tony <ne...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/06 11:15:47 UTC

failed to compile Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Check::_body_tests

I'm running a centos 5.9 server with spamassassin-3.3.1-2.el5, when I do an
'#su defang' check on a test spam I'm getting:
*warn: rules: failed to compile
Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Check::_body_tests_0_3, skipping:*
I did a search on google but found nothing for this particular error. How do
I correct this?

Re: failed to compile Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Check::_body_tests

Posted by Benny Pedersen <me...@junc.eu>.
Kevin A. McGrail skrev den 2013-07-08 16:57:
> On 7/6/2013 5:15 AM, tony wrote:
>> I'm running a centos 5.9 server with spamassassin-3.3.1-2.el5, when
>> I do an
>> '#su defang' check on a test spam I'm getting:
>> *warn: rules: failed to compile
>> Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Check::_body_tests_0_3, skipping:*
>> I did a search on google but found nothing for this particular
>> error. How do
>> I correct this?
>>

> I would recommend you disable rule compilation
>
> I believe you have to comment
>
>   loadplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Rule2XSBody
>
> in v320.pre
>
> regards,
> KAM

is re2c installed ?, if it is what version ?, some old versions fails
to work, i dont think its a spamassassin fault this one KAM :)

Re: failed to compile Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Check::_body_tests

Posted by Benny Pedersen <me...@junc.eu>.
tony skrev den 2013-07-08 22:08:
> thanks for your response. I went into v320.pre and *loadplugin
> Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Rule2XSBody* is already commented ie: it
> has a
> '#' at the beginning on the line. Did you mean uncomment?

if you uncomment you must aswell use sa-compile:

#update spamassassin flow
sa-update
sa-compile
spamd restart

this is with # removed on the above plugin line

if plugin is not enabled # in fron of line, then it does not make sense
to use sa-compile

Re: failed to compile Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Check::_body_tests

Posted by tony <ne...@gmail.com>.
I ran the command *#/usr/bin/sa-compile* on it's own and since cleaning up
local.cf (posted earlier) it all seems ok now, no more errors. The latest
sa-compile output is attached.

sa-compile.txt
<http://spamassassin.1065346.n5.nabble.com/file/n105722/sa-compile.txt>

Re: failed to compile Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Check::_body_tests

Posted by Karsten Bräckelmann <gu...@rudersport.de>.
On Tue, 2013-07-09 at 01:36 -0700, tony wrote:
> ok I've re-done the sa-compile and uploaded a new text file. The command I
> used was:
> /usr/bin/sa-compile --siteconfigpath=/etc/mail/spamassassin
> --updatedir=/var/lib/spamassassin/3.003001/updates_spamassassin_org

The update dir is still wrong. See 'man sa-compile' for what it is by
default. Begs the question, *why* do you set it at all?

> sa-compile.txt
> <http://spamassassin.1065346.n5.nabble.com/file/n105699/sa-compile.txt>

The last line reads
  sa-compile: not compiling; 'spamassassin --lint' check failed!

So, what does lint checking complain about, if you run it manually?

Re: failed to compile Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Check::_body_tests

Posted by Axb <ax...@gmail.com>.
On 07/09/2013 09:59 AM, tony wrote:
> sa-compile.txt
> <http://spamassassin.1065346.n5.nabble.com/file/n105697/sa-compile.txt>
>
> I've uploaded sa-compile.txt which is the output I got when I ran:
> /usr/bin/sa-compile --siteconfigpath=/etc/mail/spamassassin
> --updatedir=/etc/mail/spamassassin

--updatedir=/etc/mail/spamassassin seems incorrect

search for the correct path as from /var/lib/spamassassin/

Re: failed to compile Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Check::_body_tests

Posted by Benny Pedersen <me...@junc.eu>.
tony skrev den 2013-07-09 09:59:
> sa-compile.txt
>
> <http://spamassassin.1065346.n5.nabble.com/file/n105697/sa-compile.txt>
>
> I've uploaded sa-compile.txt which is the output I got when I ran:
> /usr/bin/sa-compile --siteconfigpath=/etc/mail/spamassassin
> --updatedir=/etc/mail/spamassassin

try sa-compile without any args

Re: SOLVED: failed to compile Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Check::_body_tests

Posted by tony <ne...@gmail.com>.
@benny
*su defang -s /bin/bash -c 'spamassassin -x -p /etc/mail/sa-mimedefang.cf -D
< testmessage.txt'*
is a command I run on test spam mail (testmessage.txt) to see that
spamassassin is processing it correctly and not throwing up errors. I run
spamd on centos 5.9 and run it alongside of mimedefang, so spamassassin
scores the mail and mimedefang acts on the score.

Re: SOLVED: failed to compile Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Check::_body_tests

Posted by Benny Pedersen <me...@junc.eu>.
tony skrev den 2013-07-09 12:48:
> thankyou kevin you found the problem. I did have errors in local.cf
> and when
> I cleared these up I did '#su defang....' again on a test spam and
> this time
> there were no errors and no warnings.

what the heck is su defang ?, is i spammassassin runnning on windows
builded by Bill Gates to protect his innocent on copyright ?

well you should make sure updates is done in this order:

sa-update
sa-compile
spamd restart

with the needed plugins enabled

also check --lint just in case spamassassin maintainers do miss it on
centos, then to say precompiled problems

SOLVED: failed to compile Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Check::_body_tests

Posted by tony <ne...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Kevin A. McGrail" <KM...@PCCC.com>.
On 7/9/2013 3:59 AM, tony wrote:
> sa-compile.txt
> <http://spamassassin.1065346.n5.nabble.com/file/n105697/sa-compile.txt>
>
> I've uploaded sa-compile.txt which is the output I got when I ran:
> /usr/bin/sa-compile --siteconfigpath=/etc/mail/spamassassin
> --updatedir=/etc/mail/spamassassin

Run sa-update and try sa-compile again.  Somehow you have a non-working
rule set.

you also have syntax errors in your local.cf file.

Re: failed to compile Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Check::_body_tests

Posted by "Kevin A. McGrail" <KM...@PCCC.com>.
On 7/8/2013 4:08 PM, tony wrote:
> thanks for your response. I went into v320.pre and *loadplugin
> Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Rule2XSBody* is already commented ie: it has a
> '#' at the beginning on the line. Did you mean uncomment?
No, I meant comment.  That should be what uses compiled rules.  Odd.
What does sa-compile say when you try and compile your rules?

Re: failed to compile Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Check::_body_tests

Posted by tony <ne...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Kevin A. McGrail" <KM...@PCCC.com>.