Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Diego Castillo <di...@inexbee.com> on 2002/03/27 10:37:40 UTC

Costum mailet prevents James from starting

Hi all,

I am trying to set a custom mailet with James 2.0a2 on a Win2K SP2 + JDK
1.3.1 environment. When I activate my mailet, James refuses to start (it
blocks right after the 'James 2.0a2' log line).

I have the same problem with the mailet from JavaWord:
http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/jw-10-2001/javamail/jw-1026-javamail.
zip

I activate the mailet with the following line:
<mailet match="SchedulingRequestMatcher"
class="SchedulingRequestMailet"/>

I have searched the archives and found quite a lot of threads talking
about classpath problems. I have tried several combinations myself, such
as adding my classes to dist/apps/james/blocks/james.bar or putting my
JAR library below dist/lib, but none of these works.

Has anybody ever encountered this sort of problem?

Diego

Re: Costum mailet prevents James from starting

Posted by po...@intfar.com.
Hi. This is the James mail server at mail.

cmeans@spamcop.net
Could not connect to SMTP host: mx.spamcop.net., port: 25

The original message is attached.

James with Spam Assasin + virus checker

Posted by Edward Elsics <ee...@javabox.com>.
Hi,
    I want to write a, hopefully, simple mailet that
pipes messages to Spam Assasin and a virus
checker to decide whether or not to accept.
Has anybody done this?  Any hints or suggestions?

Thanks!

RE: RE : Costum mailet prevents James from starting

Posted by Keith Chew <ke...@jungledrum.co.nz>.
Hi

In my ealier post, I found that if you use the cvs version of James (as from
5 days ago): all you need to do is include your custom-mailet.jar (and any
other dependent jars) in dist/apps/james/lib folder.

I have tested this and it works.

Keith

one thing you could try is to include the files in the james src and
build
the files along with James

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we
fall" - Confucius

                           \\\|||///
                           (  @ @  )
Savio Heredia
B2Offer (India) Pvt. Ltd. Kamla Bhavan,
3rd floor, Above HSBC, Opp. Garware House,
Koldongri, Andheri(E), MUMBAI – 400069. India
Phone: +91 22 6919881 / 6919882 / 6919883
Fax : +91 22 6919884
                           \_)  (_/