Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Salikh Zakirov <Sa...@Intel.com> on 2006/11/13 14:27:29 UTC

Deleted version_svn_tag.h

Nathan Beyer wrote:
> I deleted the file and added it to the ignore property.

For those of us poor souls not using SVN directly
this deletion broke the build, as the file version_svn_tag.h
is not available directly now.

The issue HARMONY-2168 provides a fix: copy the file.

Re: Deleted version_svn_tag.h

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@pobox.com>.

Salikh Zakirov wrote:
> Nathan Beyer wrote:
>> Not using SVN directly? Do I even want to ask?
>
> We have a running SVN->Git mirroring via tailor, and some people
> prefer to use Git for managing patches, because git
> 1) is faster 2) can manage many patches and branches 3) can work offline.
> (I do not intend this as hidden advertisment, sorry if it sounds like it).

It doesn't matter.  We use SVN :)

>> In any case, I tested it after I deleted the file and the file was
>> regenerated during the build. Did I miss something? I thought this bit
>> was already in the scripts.
>
> Nathan, thanks a lot for you attention!
>
> I do not think you missed anything, because it is really due to
> peculiarities in our setup. When SVN information is not available,
> pointless file copying wasn't performed, and this was also feature
> requested by me (to shorten recompilation time).
>
> Since the fix was committed promptly, I really don't see much problem
> in this particular case, and do not see anything that you need to change
> in your process.

Yah - nothing has to change.  There's nothing to see here. :)

geir

Re: Deleted version_svn_tag.h

Posted by Salikh Zakirov <Sa...@Intel.com>.

Re: Deleted version_svn_tag.h