Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Sanjay Choudhary <ch...@gmail.com> on 2006/05/12 00:41:32 UTC

Issue with Release plugin

Sometime back I fixed the bug "Line too long" when we  try to do mvn compile
with jdk 1.3.* *Later I submitted the patch to JIRA too but unfortunately it
is not released as yet.  http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MCOMPILER-22

To use the compiler fix in our company, I released the patch in our company
snapshot repository. In pom.xml's I specified the compiler plugin and
version (Version is 2.0.1-SNAPSHOT).  It was working good until time came to
do the release.

When I do mvn release:prepare i get the following error

Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoExecutionException: Can't release
project due to non released dependencies :

org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:maven-plugin:2.0.1-SNAPSHOT:runtime

pom.xml for reference is

  <plugin>

                               <version>2.0.1-SNAPSHOT</version>
                                <configuration>
                                        <target>1.3</target>
                                        <source>1.3</source>
                                        <fork>true</fork>
                                        <meminitial>256m</meminitial>
                                        <maxmem>512m</maxmem>
                                        <compilerArguments>
                                                <bootclasspath>
                                                        ${jre.home
}/lib/rt.jar
                                                </bootclasspath>
                                                <extdirs>${jre.home
}/lib/ext</extdirs>
                                        </compilerArguments>
                                </configuration>
                                <inherited>true</inherited>
                        </plugin>

Any idea how I can make this work?  do I have to relase the patch in our
local repository?  Is there a way I can avoid the release of patch but still
do release of my project jars?

-sanjay

Re: Issue with Release plugin

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
Just do a private internal "release" of a real, non-snapshot build of
maven-compiler-plugin.

That is, remove the -SNAPSHOT from your version, and install/deploy it.

Wayne