Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Abhishek Sanoujam <ab...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/23 12:12:00 UTC

DocValues with docValuesFormat="Disk"

Hi all,

I am trying to experiment with DocValues
(http://wiki.apache.org/solr/DocValues) and use the "Disk" docValuesFormat.

Here's how my field type declaration looks like:
<fieldtype name="stringDv" class="solr.StrField"
                    sortMissingLast="true" omitNorms="true"
docValuesFormat="Disk"/>

I don't even have any fields using that type.

Also I've updated solrconfig.xml with:
<luceneMatchVersion>LUCENE_42</luceneMatchVersion>

Am running with solr-4.2.1. My solr core is totally empty, and there is
nothing in the data dir.

Am getting this weird error while starting up the solr core:

org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: FieldType 'stringDv' is configured
with a docValues format, but the codec does not support it: class
org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore$3
     at org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore.<init>(SolrCore.java:822)
     at org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore.<init>(SolrCore.java:618)
     at
org.apache.solr.core.CoreContainer.createFromLocal(CoreContainer.java:1021)
     at org.apache.solr.core.CoreContainer.create(CoreContainer.java:1051)
     at org.apache.solr.core.CoreContainer$3.call(CoreContainer.java:634)
     at org.apache.solr.core.CoreContainer$3.call(CoreContainer.java:629)
     at
java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:439)
     at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:895)
     at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:918)
     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:680)
Caused by: org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: FieldType 'stringDv' is
configured with a docValues format, but the codec does not support it:
class org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore$3
     at org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore.initCodec(SolrCore.java:870)
     at org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore.<init>(SolrCore.java:735)
     ... 13 more
Apr 23, 2013 3:34:06 PM org.apache.solr.common.SolrException log
SEVERE: null:org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: Unable to create
core: p5-upsShard-1
     at
org.apache.solr.core.CoreContainer.recordAndThrow(CoreContainer.java:1672)
     at org.apache.solr.core.CoreContainer.create(CoreContainer.java:1057)
[...]
     ... 10 more
Caused by: org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: FieldType 'stringDv' is
configured with a docValues format, but the codec does not support it:
class org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore$3
     at org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore.initCodec(SolrCore.java:870)
     at org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore.<init>(SolrCore.java:735)
     ... 13 more

Is there any other config change that I need to do? I've read
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/DocValues multiple times, but am unable to
see any light to solve the problem.

--
---------
Cheers,

Re: DocValues with docValuesFormat="Disk"

Posted by Mou <mo...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

If you use a codec which is not default, you need to download/build lucene
codec jars and put it in solr_home/lib directory and add the codecfactory in
the solr config file.

Look here for detail instruction

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SimpleTextCodecExample

Best,
Mou

Re: DocValues with docValuesFormat="Disk"

Posted by Abhishek Sanoujam <ab...@gmail.com>.
Answering myself - adding this line in solrconfig.xml made it work:

<codecFactory name="CodecFactory" class="solr.SchemaCodecFactory" />

--
---------
Cheers,