Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Subhash Chandran <su...@gmail.com> on 2006/12/02 13:33:04 UTC

[ANN] New Project Based On POI And JXL: XML2SpreadSheet

Hi All,

I have launched a new project to create from XML excel sheets:

http://wiztools.org/project/XML2SpreadSheet/

It is in nascent stage.

Interested people can give inputs.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Subhash Chandran S

Re: [ANN] New Project Based On POI And JXL: XML2SpreadSheet

Posted by Simone Caldon <ec...@yahoo.it>.
Subhash Chandran ha scritto:
> Good to know that u r working in similar lines. Right now we don't
> want to expand our scope to bring in logic of xls->xml. The xml->xls
> is the immediate usecase we are focusing to implement.
>
> Regards,
> Subhash.
>
>> Great, I'm just working in a project where I need to convert XLS to XML
>> and viceversa.
>> I'm working direclty with POI and dom4j to produce XML from XLS, your
>> project also provide or will provide an XLS->XML conversion?? It will be
>> interesting...
>> Regards
>> Chiacchiera con i tuoi amici in tempo reale!
>>  http://it.yahoo.com/mail_it/foot/*http://it.messenger.yahoo.com

Yes, in my web-project I extract data from an  uploaded excel file then
trasform xls to an xml an renderize the final result with an xslt that
reproduces an html version of Excel contents. Also I write cells data to
db (Mysql) and I've implemented db->xml functions for browsing imported
values...In this days I'm working to re-generate xls file from xml...But
I've to open and write new values to complicated Excel files, POI have
some bugs writing/updating excel files with a lot number of formulas
(specially when them contains #VALUE!, #N/D).  Next step is to produce
web Graph and Reports (maybe with realtime changes.), I'm thinking to
use JFreeChart and JFreeReports that offers a lot of interesting features...

Re: [ANN] New Project Based On POI And JXL: XML2SpreadSheet

Posted by Subhash Chandran <su...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Simone Caldon <ec...@yahoo.it>.