Posted to c-user@axis.apache.org by "McCullough, Ryan" <rm...@rightnow.com> on 2008/09/22 19:31:07 UTC

https/ssl question

I am using Axis (version 1) built from the source in subversion (about 3 months old).

I am statically linking in openssl.

If I use a URL that contains https, but is self-signed, will axis still be able to communicate with the server over https/ssl?

>From the few tests I have performed, it seems that it does without needing to do anything else.

The reason I ask is that the Java version of Axis requires me to setup a java keystore in order to use https to a server that has a self-signed certificate.

-Ryan

Ryan McCullough | RightNow Technologies | Integration Tools Engineer
406-556-3162 office | Bozeman, MT | rmccullough@rightnow.com<ma...@rightnow.com> | http://www.rightnow.com<http://www.rightnow.com/>

RE: https/ssl question

Posted by "McCullough, Ryan" <rm...@rightnow.com>.
Bump.