Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Simon Clark <si...@zebraspot.com> on 2007/11/23 22:34:01 UTC

JAMES advice

I am still at the point of evaluating tools, and I think I have
settled on JAMES as the right tool for me, but before I start down
that long and winding road, I thought I would ask you guys for advice.

I am building what is essentially a large mailing list server as part
of a web site.  I passed over other maillist specific tools because
they lacked the flexibility that I want.  What I want to do is this...

When the server receives an email, check the to: and the from:
against a mySQL database that has been set up for the website as a
whole (I don't want to maintain two different DBs), and reject or
resend the mail as needed.  I'd also like to insert some content into
the mail, and archive the contents in a mySQL database.

The Mailets seems like they should be great for this purpose, but I
am having difficulty finding useful samples.  I will be able to
install and experiment in a week or so, but before then, I want to
get a firm grasp on the direction I am going in.

Simon Clark

Re: JAMES advice

Posted by Norman Maurer <no...@apache.org>.
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/james/server/trunk/spoolmanager-function/src/main/java/org/apache/james/transport/mailets/AddFooter.java