Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Brij Naald <br...@hotmail.com> on 2004/10/29 18:13:08 UTC

log4j & eclipse problems (newbie)

Hi,

Problem 1:
---------------
A few days ago i downloaded the build.xml file.
Then I did ant.

Everything went fine. The build was succesful.
Then i started the {home}\jakarta-tomcat-5\build\bin\startup.bat file (this
is the right one, isn't it?)

It then gave an error:
(org.apache.catalina.startup.Embedded).

I know there are already a lot of complaints on a lot of newsgroups about
this. But since I'm new to the system, the answers aren't really helpful.

I already tried to change the log4j.properties and I have already put
commons-logging-api.jar on every place on my harddisk. But nothing worked.
Can anyone perhaps give a list of things to do?

Problem 2:
My second problem is eclipse. I followed the list, I spent many and many
hours on getting the errors away. I've read on this newsgroup that if I
changed someones .project/.classpath this would be much more easy. Can
anyone send me these files?

Thanks a lot for all the answers. I'm trying work on tomcat for more than 2
days now, and I'm getting a little dissapointed...

Brij