Posted to dev@xmlbeans.apache.org by ja...@mac.com on 2004/09/23 17:50:37 UTC

bad error message when parsing snowboarder.wsdl

I tried passing Ugo's snowboarder example WSDL
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/webservices/library/ws-soap/
code.html

  into XMLBeans V2 (CVS HEAD) via the Ant task and scomp script and got
this rather cryptic output

snowboard.wsdl:0: error: cannot.load.file: Cannot load wsdl file
src/test/org/codehaus/activesoap/examples/snowboard/snowboard.wsdl:
null

java.lang.ClassCastException
         at
org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.tool.SchemaCompiler.loadTypeSystem(SchemaCompil
er.java:712)
         at
org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.tool.SchemaCompiler.compile(SchemaCompiler.java
:867)
         at
org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.tool.SchemaCompiler.main(SchemaCompiler.java:
294)

It turns out the WSDL is a little old and uses an old XSD namespace. I
just thought I'd mention it as I was scratching my head over this for a
while. Rather than blindly casting on this line, it might be worth
adding an extra line of code to check  if no valid schema documents
could be found matching the correct XSD namespace and reporting why
none could be found.

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/