Posted to dev@cayenne.apache.org by Tore Halset <ha...@pvv.ntnu.no> on 2010/01/06 14:21:23 UTC

3.0 -> 3.1 experience

Hello.

I wanted to test my project with some stuff in svn trunk aka cayenne 3.1. As I have not been a good guy and fixed all the deprecated warnings in my project, I had some work to do in my code to get it to work with 3.1

Here are a list of the things I had to change. The first item gave me a lot of work, the others was not a big deal. After the upgrade from 3.0 to 3.1, I got around 200 compile errors to fix in one project..

* Ordering.DESC/ASC and even false/true -> SortOrder.DESCENDING/ASCENDING
* context.refetchObject()
* context.createAndRegisterNewObject -> context.newObject
* dataObject.getDataContext() -> getObjectContext()

Btw, great work on the RC!

Regards,
 - Tore.

Re: 3.0 -> 3.1 experience

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
Yeah, too many new changes coming in 3.1, so removing older deprecated
stuff was need to clear up the field.

Thanks Tore for summarizing your experience. Something we can probably
place in UPGRADE.txt.

Andrus

Re: 3.0 -> 3.1 experience

Posted by Michael Gentry <mg...@masslight.net>.