Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jim Lynch <jw...@sgi.com> on 2003/08/04 22:08:04 UTC

Netbeans screwed up my Tomcat install

How do I get rid of it?  I can always reinstall tomcat, but I sure don't
want to.

I installed netbeans 3.5 on Linux.  Somehow it screwed up my Tomcat
server configuration.  I wasn't using it with tomcat, just debugging a
stand alone java program.  When I went to start Tomcat, it doesn't with

2003-08-04 15:41:18 StandardContext[/resources]:  Starting filter
'HTTPMonitorFilter'
2003-08-04 15:41:18 StandardContext[/resources]: Exception starting
filter HTTPMonitorFilter
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.netbeans.modules.web.monitor.server.MonitorFilter

I found the jar file in the Netbeans tree that has the Monitor Filter
and copied it into the Tomcat tree, but then it failed to find something
else from the Netbeans install.  Rather than chase my tail tring to find
the right jar files, how can I get rid of the Netbean dependency in
Tomcat?

Thanks,
Jim.

Re: Netbeans screwed up my Tomcat install

Posted by Carlos Cajina <ce...@hotmail.com>.
1. Delete Tomcat from the IDE.
2. Delete the $TOMCAT_HOME/conf/.nbattrs file and try replacing server.xml
with original Tomcat installation file (attached)...

    I asked about Netbeans/Tomcat integration last week but apparently it is
still a mistery ;-)

    Good luck!!! Hope this helps...