Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Matt Foley <ma...@apache.org> on 2012/02/14 23:29:10 UTC

[VOTE] Hadoop-1.0.1 Release Candidate 1

Hi all,
Hadoop-1.0.1-rc1 is now available at
    http://people.apache.org/~mattf/hadoop-1.0.1-rc1/
Please download it, test it, and vote on whether to accept it as Release
1.0.1.
Voting will close at 2:30pm PST on Tuesday 21 February.

Thank you,
--Matt (Release Manager)

This is a maintenance release from 1.0.0, but a number of
production-relevant bug fixes were requested for inclusion in the last week
or so.  The complete release notes are available at

http://people.apache.org/~mattf/hadoop-1.0.1-rc1/RELEASE_NOTES_HADOOP-1.0.1.html
The summary list is:

   - HADOOP-8009 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-8009>.
   Create hadoop-client and hadoop-minicluster artifacts for downstream
   projects
   - HADOOP-8037 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-8037>. Binary
   tarball does not preserve platform info for native builds, and RPMs fail to
   provide needed symlinks for libhadoop.so
   - MAPREDUCE-3184
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MAPREDUCE-3184>. Improve
   handling of fetch failures when a tasktracker is not responding on HTTP
   - HADOOP-7470 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-7470>. move
   up to Jackson 1.8.8
   - HADOOP-7960 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-7960>. Port
   HADOOP-5203 to branch-1, build version comparison is too restrictive
   - HADOOP-7964 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-7964>. Deadlock
   in class init.
   - HADOOP-7987 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-7987>. Support
   setting the run-as user in unsecure mode
   - HADOOP-7988 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-7988>. Upper
   case in hostname part of the principals doesn't work with kerberos.
   - HADOOP-8010 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-8010>.
hadoop-config.sh
   spews error message when HADOOP_HOME_WARN_SUPPRESS is set to true and
   HADOOP_HOME is present
   - HADOOP-8052 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-8052>. Hadoop
   Metrics2 should emit Float.MAX_VALUE (instead of Double.MAX_VALUE) to avoid
   making Ganglia's gmetad core
   - HDFS-2379 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-2379>. 0.20:
   Allow block reports to proceed without holding FSDataset lock
   - HDFS-2814 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-2814>.
NamenodeMXBean
   does not account for svn revision in the version information
   - MAPREDUCE-3343
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MAPREDUCE-3343>. TaskTracker
   Out of Memory because of distributed cache
   - MAPREDUCE-3607
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MAPREDUCE-3607>. Port
   missing new API mapreduce lib classes to 1.x

Re: [VOTE] Hadoop-1.0.1 Release Candidate 1

Posted by Matt Foley <mf...@hortonworks.com>.
Many thanks to all who voted.  The final tally is:
+1 binding : 6 (including myself)
+1 non-binding : 3
-1 : none

The RC passes, and will be announced as release 1.0.1!

Will announce on general@ as soon as I finish the deployment process.

Thanks,
--Matt

Re: [VOTE] Hadoop-1.0.1 Release Candidate 1

Posted by Tom White <to...@cloudera.com>.
+1

Checked signatures and checksums, also ran a few jobs successfully.

Tom

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.
+1 on releasing 1.0.1 now and follow with 1.0.2.

Arun

--
Arun C. Murthy
Hortonworks Inc.

Re: [VOTE] Hadoop-1.0.1 Release Candidate 1

Posted by Devaraj Das <dd...@hortonworks.com>.
+1 on making a 1.0.1 release now and following up with a 1.0.2

Posted by Nathan Roberts <nr...@yahoo-inc.com>.
+1 on the concept of 1.0.2 = 1.0.1 +  remaining_three_you_mention

Thanks

Posted by Matt Foley <mf...@hortonworks.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Mahadev Konar <ma...@hortonworks.com>.
Downloaded the release. Setup a single node cluster. Ran a couple of jobs
on it.

+1 for the release.

Mahadev Konar
Hortonworks Inc.
http://hortonworks.com/

Posted by Arpit Gupta <ar...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.
+1 downloaded, checked sigs and ran a single node cluster.

Arun

Posted by Jitendra Pandey <ji...@hortonworks.com>.
+1 for 1.0.1

Verified checksums and ran wordcount on single node cluster.

Posted by Devaraj Das <dd...@hortonworks.com>.
+1

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.
On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 2:29 PM, Matt Foley <ma...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
> Hadoop-1.0.1-rc1 is now available at
>    http://people.apache.org/~mattf/hadoop-1.0.1-rc1/
> Please download it, test it, and vote on whether to accept it as Release
> 1.0.1.
> Voting will close at 2:30pm PST on Tuesday 21 February.

+1 (non-binding) from the Bigtop side. Pulled this RC into an RCs branch,
built packaged artifacts on all the platforms, ran fully distributed tests
on CentOS 5. No regressions.

Thanks,
Roman.