Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Luc Saffre <lu...@gmx.net> on 2003/01/28 16:48:44 UTC

[users@httpd] Installer keeps telling me that it has been interrupted

This morning I run the binary installer
(apache_2.0.44-win32-x86-no_ssl.msi) on my Win XP notebook. Installation
worked fine. But I decided afterwards that I want Apache in another
directory. So I uninstalled it using Control Panel ("Add and remove
Software"). Since then I am unable to install it again. The installer
starts, asks the usual questions, which I answered by all the
combinations I can imagine, and then after my click on the "Install"
button, states: "The Installation Wizard was interrupted before Apache
HTTP Server 2.0.44 could be completely installed. Your system has not
been modified. To complete installation at another time, please run
setup again." That's all.
I must say that the uninstaller left some configuration files in the
directory where I had the first installation. This is normal since I had
modified them meanwhile. I deleted them manually before even trying to
reinstall.
I tried a second time to install after upgrading my Win XP to SP1.
Nothing changed.
I also looked for "Apache" in the registry using regedit. I deleted
manually some entries and ran my test suite again--- with the same result.
Now I have no more idea what to try. Perhaps someone else?
TIA
Luc