Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Tsih-wah yu <ts...@googlemail.com.INVALID> on 2020/01/08 05:35:46 UTC

Converting simplied Chinese characters to traditional Chinese characters

Dear Sirs,
Could you kindly give me some guidance on how to find a step-by-step guide
on  how to convert simplified Chinese characters to traditional Chinese
characters?

I encounter difficulties in using Open Office 4.1.7. version for
word-processing as the information given does not help me at all.  Please
help.

Thanking you in advance,
Kind regards,
Ms Yu in Hong Kong.

Re: Converting simplied Chinese characters to traditional Chinese characters

Posted by M Henri Day <mh...@gmail.com>.
Den fre 10 jan. 2020 kl 15:39 skrev Tsih-wah yu
<ts...@googlemail.com.invalid>:

> Dear Henri,
> Thank you very much for your email.  I need to convert not only individual
> characters but pages of text from simplified characters to traditional
> characters.  The website you referred me to is only good for converting
> individual characters because the space provided is too small to
> accommodate pages of text.  Do you know of other tools please?  If someone
> succeeded in converting from simplified to traditional characters within
> OpenOffice environment, please let me know.
>
> Many thanks.
> Ms Yu

<...>

I've never had occasion to do this previously, but I've now tested the
following procedure and it worked quite well for me : Launch Google
Translate (谷歌翻译) and choose «Chinese» (中文) as the input language and
«Chinese (traditional)» (中文(繁体)) as the output language. Copy the text in
simplified glyphs into the text box of the former (on the left), and *viola
!*, the same text, but in traditional glyphs, will appear in the right-hand
text box....

You might want to do this a page at a time for simplicity's sake, but I
think you will find that it will work. Please report back and let me - and
other readers here who might be interested - know if, indeed, it does....

Henri

Re: Converting simplied Chinese characters to traditional Chinese characters

Posted by Tsih-wah yu <ts...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.
Dear Henri,

Posted by M Henri Day <mh...@gmail.com>.