Posted to woden-dev@ws.apache.org by John Kaputin <KA...@uk.ibm.com> on 2006/01/18 11:21:59 UTC

WSDL010 no java class registered for Ext Attrib

Lawrence,
there are currently 4 failures in the test suite due to:
WSDL010 No Java class was registered for the extension attribute "{0}" in
the context of "{1}".

GreatH-1G/primer-hotelReservationService.wsdl
ServiceReference-1G/reservationList.wsdl
ServiceReference-1G/reservationDetails.wsdl

These 3 testcases fail because the wsoap prefix has been declared in the
WSDL with the wrong soap namespace. I will post to the WSDL WG about this.

The namespace declared in these WSDL docs is:
  xmlns:wsoap= "http://www.w3.org/2005/08/wsdl/soap12

According to Part 2 Table 1-1 the namespace should be:
  xmlns:wsoap= "http://www.w3.org/2005/08/wsdl/soap

(i.e. the PopulatedExtensionRegistry class does register java mapping
classes for the wsoap-prefixed attributes but it uses .../wsdl/soap not
.../wsdl/soap12).

Interface-6G/Interface.wsdl

This testcase contains an extension attribute on the Interface element:
    <wsdl:interface name="myInterface" myns:attribute="value">

The junit test method could register this extension using:
registerExtAttributeType(InterfaceElement.class, [qname for
myns:attribute], StringAttrImpl.class);

If this extension is not registered then a default
UnknownExtensionAttribute should be used by Woden and WSDL0101 should be
reported as a warning. I will add support for this now.

Maybe we could invoke this testcase twice, once with an extension
registered and once without.

regards,
John Kaputin
Web Services Development
Hursley Laboratory
IBM UK Ltd, MP211, Hursley Park, Winchester, SO21 2JN, UK.
email:  kaputin@uk.ibm.com
Tel/Fax: +44 (0)1962 817363  (internal 7-247363)

Re: WSDL010 no java class registered for Ext Attrib

Posted by Arthur Ryman <ry...@ca.ibm.com>.
Woden should gracefully handle unknown extensions since WSDL 2.0 has an
open content model. I suggest issuing a warning. There should be some
generic ExtensionElement and ExtensionAtrribute classes.

If the document looks valid when the unknown extensions are ignored, then
Woden should report an Unknown result, i.e. the document is not known to
be valid.

Arthur Ryman,
IBM Software Group, Rational Division

phone: +1-905-413-3077, TL 969-3077
assistant: +1-905-413-2411, TL 969-2411
fax: +1-905-413-4920, TL 969-4920
mobile: +1-416-939-5063, text: 4169395063@fido.ca

Lawrence Mandel/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
01/18/2006 10:44 AM
Please respond to
woden-dev

woden-dev@ws.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: WSDL010  no java class registered for Ext Attrib

John,

I'm not sure the best action is to report an error or warning when we
encounter an extension element or attribute that has not been declared. It
may be best to just silently handle these cases using an
UnknownExtensionAttribute or UnknownExtensionElement. What is the benefit
to the user in reporting the error or warning?

Lawrence Mandel

Software Developer
IBM Rational Software
Phone: 905 - 413 - 3814   Fax: 905 - 413 - 4920
lmandel@ca.ibm.com

John Kaputin <KA...@uk.ibm.com>
01/18/2006 05:21 AM

Please respond to