Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Ted Bashor <ba...@extricity.com> on 2000/10/04 01:16:44 UTC

RE: DOM Level 2 Help

I don't know if you got any further help, but I've also observed that
classes in the xerces.jar obtained from Xerces-J-bin.1.2.0.zip seem to not
be in sync with the source in Xerces-J-src.1.2.0.zip (both dated Sept. 1,
2000) when it comes to DOM Level 2 implementation.  I happened to notice it
while trying to use Node.hasAttributes() and Node.getLocalName().

If you compile the source from the 1.2.0 src zip file and link to that and
NOT xerces.jar you can get Level 2 functionality.  (It would be great if the
powers that be rebuilt the binary zip file at the download site...  They
could also take the opportunity to nuke RevalidatingDOMParser from the
source zip and javadocs...)

Ted