Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Bocko <bo...@bitsyu.net> on 2005/04/13 11:13:54 UTC

how to create new page instance - not to get page from pool in request cycle if page exist?

Hi,

I  would like to create new page instance regardless of engine page pool.
More precise I need from pageLoader to create me always new page - not to
get page from pool. Is this possible?

Detailed explanation:
In my app is link to open new window (NewWindowLink component). I will click
on this link 3 times and have the same page in 3 windows. Page have form
that is submitted and automaticly refresh every x seconds by javaScript.
Every page have different data,  entered by user, to submit.
But as I change some data in one page, this is copy to other two pages. That
is because there are not 3 pages but 1 same page in more windows - they all
use same enhanced java class.

How to tell tapestry engine to get new page on click - Not from page pool
but to create new instance of page if that page already exist??

IRequestCycle.activate("pageName") return page from pool if exist or new
page if page not exist. How can I tell requestCycle to get me always new
instance of page?? Is this possible?

Thanks

Bogdan Stojkovic

Re: how to create new page instance - not to get page from pool in request cycle if page exist?

Posted by Markus Eberle <Ma...@tngtech.com>.
Quoting Bocko <bo...@bitsyu.net>:

> Hi,
>
> I  would like to create new page instance regardless of engine page pool.
> More precise I need from pageLoader to create me always new page - not to
> get page from pool. Is this possible?
>
> Detailed explanation:
> In my app is link to open new window (NewWindowLink component). I will click
> on this link 3 times and have the same page in 3 windows. Page have form
> that is submitted and automaticly refresh every x seconds by javaScript.
> Every page have different data,  entered by user, to submit.
> But as I change some data in one page, this is copy to other two pages. That
> is because there are not 3 pages but 1 same page in more windows - they all
> use same enhanced java class.

It seems that you are using instance variables to store information or
persistant properties which are stored in the session.
If you want the same page in the same session to show different information
simultaneously, you have to store the information you need otherwise. eg. in
Parameters or hidden fields or using non-persistant properties.

> How to tell tapestry engine to get new page on click - Not from page pool
> but to create new instance of page if that page already exist??
>
> IRequestCycle.activate("pageName") return page from pool if exist or new
> page if page not exist. How can I tell requestCycle to get me always new
> instance of page?? Is this possible?

Cheers,
    Markus