Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Mounir Benzid <mb...@meetingmasters.de> on 2012/07/17 12:08:47 UTC

doesn't like to render my listed item as selected

Hey,

I'm iterating through a list of ticket(descriptions)  where each ticket
has its own VAT value (I'm in Germany so that could be  0%, 7% or 19% VAT)

The action method "List<TicketDescriptions> getTicketDescriptions()"
returns all available tickets. A TicketDescription has the method
"BigDecimal getValueAddedTaxPercentage()"
which of cource returns the VAT value of that ticket. A list of possible
VAT values is also held in my action class. There's a "List<BigDecimal>
getAllVats()"  action method which returns the list, which is then
rendered by <s:select>.

Now I'd like the <s:select> tag to display the appropiate VAT value as
select according to the VAT value currently held by the ticket.

So here is  what I did:

<s:iterator var="ticket" value="ticketDescriptions" status="row">
                                 <s:select list="allVats"
value="%{#ticket.valueAddedTaxPercentage}"
name="ticketDescriptions[%{#row.index}].valueAddedTaxPercentage"/>
   </s:iterator>

But for some reasons that doesn't work....

So I added a few "debuggging" statements

<s:iterator var="ticket" value="ticketDescriptions" status="row">
                                 <s:property
value="#ticket.valueAddedTaxPercentage"/>
                                 <s:select list="vats"
value="%{#ticket.valueAddedTaxPercentage}"
name="ticketDescriptions[%{#row.index}].valueAddedTaxPercentage"/>
                                 <s:select list="vats" value="7"
name="ticketDescriptions[%{#row.index}].valueAddedTaxPercentage"/>
   </s:iterator>

This is the resulting html output generated by the above jsp snippet

                                 0 <<------------------ THE VAT VALUE OF
THE CURRENT TICKET IS 0. CORRECT!

<select name="ticketDescriptions[2].valueAddedTaxPercentage"
id="price_183_create_ticketDescriptions_2__valueAddedTaxPercentage">
     <option value="19">19</option>
     <option value="7">7</option>
     <option value="0">0</option> <<-------------- WHY ISN'T THIS BEING
MARKED AS SELECTED SINCE VALUE == 0 !!
</select>

<select name="ticketDescriptions[2].valueAddedTaxPercentage"
id="price_183_create_ticketDescriptions_2__valueAddedTaxPercentage">
     <option value="19">19</option>
     <option value="7" selected="selected">7</option> <<--------------
HARD CODING THE VALUE WORKS
     <option value="0">0</option>
</select>

Thumbnail picture
http://www1.picturepush.com/photo/a/8750054/640/8750054.png

Any ideas? Thanks!

- Mounir

Re: doesn't like to render my listed item as selected

Posted by Mounir Benzid <mb...@meetingmasters.de>.
Could it be that the select-tag doesn't get along well with BigDecimal ?