Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by "Ralf S. Engelschall" <rs...@engelschall.com> on 1997/03/27 12:02:17 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] gFONT 1.0b2

Perhaps some of you are beside Webserver hacking also interested in Webdesign.
Below is a copy of the announcement of my latest result of hacking offline
HTML generation tools.

Watch http://www.engelschall.com/sw/gfont/example/ for nice examples...

Greetings,
                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       rse@engelschall.com
                                       www.engelschall.com

         _____ ___  _   _ _____
    __ _|  ___/ _ \| \ | |_   _|
   / _` | |_ | | | |  \| | | |
  | (_| |  _|| |_| | |\  | | |
   \__, |_|   \___/|_| \_| |_|
   |___/

  gFONT -- Create GIF image rendered with TeX-available Font

  <URL:http://www.engelschall.com/sw/gfont/>

  The gFONT program creates a GIF image for a given ASCII string by the use of
  an arbitrary TeX-available font (Postscript or METAFONT). The used font is
  converted from TeX's PK format to gFONT's own GdF format (Gd Font) and
  rendered into the resulting GIF image by the use of its own enhanced Gd
  library.  The result is intended to be included into HTML pages with an IMG
  tag.

  Copyright (c) 1997 Ralf S. Engelschall, All rights reserved.

  Implementation:  - ANSI C (1800 LoC), Perl 5 (150 LoC)

  Requirements:    - Unix derivate
                   - Perl 5.003 interpreter
                   - any TeX and Ghostscript system
                     with METAFONT and GSFtoPK tool

                   - no charge
                   - GNU Public License (GPL)

                   - First public release: March 1997 (1.0b2)
                   - useable but some tiny features still missing

Re: [ANNOUNCE] gFONT 1.0b2

Posted by Rob Hartill <ro...@imdb.com>.
Just what the web needs. More graphical text  :-)