Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by nitin gopi <ni...@gmail.com> on 2009/01/21 19:42:46 UTC

first time using lucene

Hello , I have recently started downloaded lucene. My project is to add
LSI(Latent Semantic Indexing) to the indexing method of the lucene, to
improve the indexing of documents. I am totally new into this field. Please
help me in this matter and guide me how to proceed in the right direction. I
first want to input some documents and see the indexed document. Please
guide me step by step how to do that.

Thanking You
Nitin

Re: first time using lucene

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
nitin gopi schrieb:
> Hello , I have recently started downloaded lucene. My project is to add
> LSI(Latent Semantic Indexing) to the indexing method of the lucene, to
> improve the indexing of documents. I am totally new into this field. Please
> help me in this matter and guide me how to proceed in the right direction. I
> first want to input some documents and see the indexed document. Please
> guide me step by step how to do that.

Cheers

Michael

RE: first time using lucene

Posted by Steven A Rowe <sa...@syr.edu>.
Hi Nitin,

Lucene in Action 2nd edition <http://www.manning.com/hatcher3/> is a
good place to start.

If you want free stuff, check out the Lucene wiki Resources page:
<http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/Resources>.  Also, some basic code
on the wiki: <http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/TheBasics>.

Steve