Posted to users@groovy.apache.org by Russel Winder <ru...@winder.org.uk> on 2015/11/01 19:51:10 UTC

Re: About the syntax of groovy

On Fri, 2015-10-30 at 09:53 -0700, daniel_sun wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>      Could you tell me the following gradle code comply with the
> syntax of
> groovy?  The 'task' can be a method, what about 'taskA' and
> '<<'?  Thanks in
> advance.
>
> task taskA << {
>     println "i'm task A"
> }

If I remember correctly, this syntax only works because Gradle applies
an AST transform to the code. The more tradition Groovy code that this
gets transformed to is:

task('taskA') << {
    println "i'm task A"
}

which is pure Groovy.

Though I suspect I am now going to have to say Apache Groovy now.

> ----------- my experimental code, but failed with exceptions
> -----------------
> def task(t) {
>     t()
> }
>
> task taskA << {
>     println "i'm task A"
> }
> =================
> groovy.lang.MissingPropertyException: No such property: taskA for
> class:
> ConsoleScript8
>
>         at ConsoleScript8.run(ConsoleScript8:5)
Russel.