Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by dkarachentsev <dk...@gridgain.com> on 2018/07/16 13:57:29 UTC

RE: Best practice for class versioning: marshaller error

Hi Calvin,

> Can I assume that BinaryMarshaller won't be used for any object embedded
> inside GridCacheQueryResponse?

Yes, because Binary can fallback to Optimized, but not vice versa.

> If I am correct, do you have any suggestion on how I can avoid this type
> of issue?

Probably you need to avoid using incorrectly serialized objects, or
implement your own Externalizable, when you will do manual
serializing/deserializing of such fields.

Thanks!
-Dmitry

RE: Best practice for class versioning: marshaller error

Posted by "Calvin KL Wong, CLSA" <ca...@clsa.com>.
Got it, thanks for the info.

Thanks,
Calvin

> Can I assume that BinaryMarshaller won't be used for any object embedded
> inside GridCacheQueryResponse?

Yes, because Binary can fallback to Optimized, but not vice versa.

> If I am correct, do you have any suggestion on how I can avoid this type
> of issue?

Probably you need to avoid using incorrectly serialized objects, or
implement your own Externalizable, when you will do manual
serializing/deserializing of such fields.

Thanks!
-Dmitry

The content of this communication is intended for the recipient and is subject to CLSA Legal and Regulatory Notices.
These can be viewed at https://www.clsa.com/disclaimer.html or sent to you upon request.
Please consider before printing. CLSA is ISO14001 certified and committed to reducing its impact on the environment.