Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> on 2022/11/02 20:57:32 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Tomcat Native 2.0.2

The key differences of version 2.0.2 compared to 2.0.1 are:

- Update the minimum supported version of LibreSSL to 3.5.2.
   Based on a #13 provided by orbea.

- The windows binaries in this release have been built with OpenSSL
   3.0.7

The 2.0.x branch is primarily intended for use with Tomcat 10.1.x but
can be used with earlier versions as long as the APR/native connector is
not used.

The proposed release artefacts can be found at [1],
and the build was done using tag [2].

The Apache Tomcat Native 2.0.2 release is
  [ ] Stable, go ahead and release
  [ ] Broken because of ...

Thanks,

Mark

[1]
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomcat/tomcat-connectors/native/2.0.2
[2]
https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=tomcat-native.git;a=commit;h=9fea6f69aca11c2a129c557934f9abb40ac4e732

[VOTE][RESULT] Release Apache Tomcat Native 2.0.2

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
The following votes were cast:

Binding:
+1: remm, markt, schultz

Non-binding:
+1: lihan

The vote therefore passes.

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this release.

Mark

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tomcat Native 2.0.2

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.
Mark,

On 11/2/22 16:57, Mark Thomas wrote:
> The key differences of version 2.0.2 compared to 2.0.1 are:
>
> - Update the minimum supported version of LibreSSL to 3.5.2.
>    Based on a #13 provided by orbea.
>
> - The windows binaries in this release have been built with OpenSSL
>    3.0.7
>
> The 2.0.x branch is primarily intended for use with Tomcat 10.1.x but
> can be used with earlier versions as long as the APR/native connector is
> not used.
>
> The proposed release artefacts can be found at [1],
> and the build was done using tag [2].
>
> The Apache Tomcat Native 2.0.2 release is
>   [X] Stable, go ahead and release
>   [ ] Broken because of ...

+1

(Sorry for ghosting after suggesting that we all move quickly!)

-chris

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tomcat Native 2.0.2

Posted by Rémy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Nov 2, 2022 at 9:57 PM Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> wrote:

> The key differences of version 2.0.2 compared to 2.0.1 are:
>
> - Update the minimum supported version of LibreSSL to 3.5.2.
>    Based on a #13 provided by orbea.
>
> - The windows binaries in this release have been built with OpenSSL
>    3.0.7
>
> The 2.0.x branch is primarily intended for use with Tomcat 10.1.x but
> can be used with earlier versions as long as the APR/native connector is
> not used.
>
> The proposed release artefacts can be found at [1],
> and the build was done using tag [2].
>
> The Apache Tomcat Native 2.0.2 release is
>   [X] Stable, go ahead and release
>   [ ] Broken because of ...
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mark

Rémy

Posted by Han Li <li...@apache.org>.

> 2022年11月3日 04:57,Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> 写道:
>
> The key differences of version 2.0.2 compared to 2.0.1 are:
>
> - Update the minimum supported version of LibreSSL to 3.5.2.
>  Based on a #13 provided by orbea.
>
> - The windows binaries in this release have been built with OpenSSL
>  3.0.7
>
> The 2.0.x branch is primarily intended for use with Tomcat 10.1.x but can be used with earlier versions as long as the APR/native connector is not used.
>
> The proposed release artefacts can be found at [1],
> and the build was done using tag [2].
>
> The Apache Tomcat Native 2.0.2 release is
> [ X] Stable, go ahead and release

Han

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 02/11/2022 20:57, Mark Thomas wrote:

> The Apache Tomcat Native 2.0.2 release is
>   [X] Stable, go ahead and release
>   [ ] Broken because of ...

Tested using Tomcat 11 unit tests.

Tested on Windows and Linux with 2.0.2 and OpenSSL 3.0.7.

Mark