Posted to dev@isis.apache.org by Dan Haywood <dk...@gmail.com> on 2010/12/16 14:12:27 UTC

Tickets for the 0.1 release ... volunteers, please!

First off, apologies for flooding all of your inboxes with hundred's of
updates from JIRA.   I must admit on my own email client (Thunderbird)
I've just set up a message filter to separate them out away from the
regular isis-dev conversations.  You might want to do likewise.

What I've been doing, though, is creating tickets for all the work that
I see that still needs to be done for r0.1.  I've also been through our
original Apache proposal [1] and raise placeholder tickets for the
roadmap that we outlined there.

If you go to the open issues page on Jira [2] you'll see that I've
characterized all the tickets by component, and I've also put in
releases for 0.1, 0.2 (and 0.3, currently empty).  There are also a
number of tickets that unscheduled .

And, if you go to the roadmap view [3] then you can see which of these
tickets need to be done for 0.1.

~~~~~~~
Anyway, the point of this email is to ask for volunteers ;-)

Most of the tickets I've lumped under ISIS-20 [4], which is an umbrella
for subtasks relating to all the various modules that need attention.
In most cases it's a matter of getting the DocBook documentation sorted
out, but ISIS-20 outlines the main points.  I've copied this info into
each of the subtasks also for convenience.

I appreciate that a lot of that documentation is gonna need to be done
by Rob and myself, and for those modules I've assigned the corresponding
to task to either Rob or myself.  For the remaining ones I've left them
open... what I'm hoping is that some of you might step forward to help
out ;-)

~~~~~~~
But wait, there's more!  I spent yesterday working on a "contributor's
guide", which captures lots of good stuff in it, like coding standards
and also how to write documentation either using APT and DocBook.

To build this:
1. cd .../isis/trunk
2 svn up .
3. mvn site-deploy -D deploy=local -o   # just enough to build the
parent project
4. navigate to /tmp/m2-sites/isis/docbkx/guide/isis-contributors-guide.pdf.

I'd appreciate it if:
(a) you could review it and either provide feedback/improve it as you
see fit (under ISIS-43), and
(b) also inwardly digest it so we're all "on the same page" with respect
to the above ticket.

Many thanks!
Dan

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/IsisProposal
[2]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ISIS?report=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.project:openissues-panel
[3]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ISIS?report=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.project:roadmap-panel
[4] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ISIS-20

Re: Tickets for the 0.1 release ... Contributors guide

Posted by Dan Haywood <dk...@gmail.com>.
On 17/12/2010 15:30, Mike Burton wrote:
> Thanks Dan,
>
> That did the trick, now I have isis-contributors-guide.pdf in  target/docbkx/pdf  and  target/site/docbkx/pdf
good-o.

>  From a quick skim I only noticed / to check:
>   P23:   previousOid

An Oid is an object identifier, assigned by the runtime.  For persisted
objects it is value is assigned by the object store, but for transient
objects the framework still assigns an Oid also (and will update the Oid
if the object is persisted).

Cheers
Dan

Posted by Mike Burton <mi...@mycosystems.co.uk>.
Thanks Dan,

That did the trick, now I have isis-contributors-guide.pdf in  target/docbkx/pdf  and  target/site/docbkx/pdf

From a quick skim I only noticed / to check:
 P23:   previousOid

Posted by Dan Haywood <dk...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mike Burton <mi...@mycosystems.co.uk>.