Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Nickolai Toupikov <ni...@deri.org> on 2009/02/19 19:26:53 UTC

Using a modified IndexReader

Hello!
Our application requires the use of a custom IndexReader.  SolrCore is
final and the IndexReader creation is hardcoded. Is there a way I can
have our IndexReader instantiated by the SolrCore without having to
actually modify the code in Solr or Lucene?

Thanks alot!
Nickolai

Re: Using a modified IndexReader

Posted by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com>.
Nickolai Toupikov wrote:
> Hello!
> Our application requires the use of a custom IndexReader.  SolrCore is
> final and the IndexReader creation is hardcoded. Is there a way I can
> have our IndexReader instantiated by the SolrCore without having to
> actually modify the code in Solr or Lucene?
>
> Thanks alot!
> Nickolai
You might want to cast your vote for the following issue:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-243 -

      Create a hook to allow custom code to create custom IndexReaders

--
- Mark

http://www.lucidimagination.com