Posted to jcs-users@jakarta.apache.org by Josh Szmajda <jo...@gmail.com> on 2009/07/23 04:11:36 UTC

Element Events

Hi all,

I was wondering if it were possible to subscribe to an event in the cache
for when a particular key in a region, or any key in a region is set? I see
the event structure currently supports notification of object removal or
spooling, but apparently not setting?

Also, does the event model work across a number of clients in a Remote or
Lateral configuration? For example if client A sets an object, will client B
receive events for that object?

Thanks!
-Josh Szmajda

Re: Element Events

Posted by Josh Szmajda <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hey Aaron,

That's interesting, I'll have to look into it. I think I could work that
into my set of interfaces I'm trying to create.

Basically I'm trying to write a system to detect object changes and
broadcast the diff 'operations' on those objects to a set of listeners. It's
vaguely like what google wave is doing with its wave operations.

I think if I had an interface that defined a method to create a diff on
cache put (given the previously cached value), I could use that to create
the diffs for broadcasting and save myself a lot of work in duplicating
code.

Anyway, thanks for your help!
-Josh

Re: Element Events