Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by lroloson <lr...@trmi.com> on 2009/03/03 22:12:37 UTC

M4 C++ build on Redhat 5

I have read the INSTALL document contained in the qpid-cpp-m4.tar.gz file. I
used yum to install ruby and boost, I have exported the path information per
section 2.3. When I run configure I get the following error;
ls: /src/qpidc-0.4/./../specs/amqp.0-10-qpid-errata.xml: No such file or
directory
checking for library containing dlopen... no
checking for library containing clock_gettime... no
checking for clock_gettime... no
checking for clock_settime... no
checking for valgrind... no
checking for rpmlint... no
checking for ruby... ruby
checking boost/shared_ptr.hpp usability... no
checking boost/shared_ptr.hpp presence... no
checking for boost/shared_ptr.hpp... no
configure: error: Missing required header files.

I am not trying to build from the trunk, I am not sure why it is looking for
the specs? I have exported the CXXFLAGS, and the headers are there - but
they are not being seen. I have the windows version built thanks to help
from Cliff. Can anyone give me some pointers on what is going wrong on
Redhat (2.6.24.7-rt20 #1 SMP PREEMPT RT)?

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Re: M4 C++ build on Redhat 5

Posted by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com>.
I am mainly using server machines, so I asked around....

see...
{

Hmm, I don't have any RHEL Desktop machines available to test on, but
> the boost-devel package is definitely available on the corresponding
> server channel:
>
> $ sudo yum --disablerepo=* --enablerepo=rhel-i386-server-5 list boost-devel
> rhel-i386-server-5        100% |=========================| 1.3 kB 00:00
> Installed Packages
> boost-devel.i386                         1.33.1-10.el5 installed
> $
>
> I just checked my RHN account but I don't have any entitlements to the
> desktop channel, so I can't check there either.
>
> Mike (CC'ed) should be able to tell for sure if the -devel package is
> available on the desktop channel.

The boost-devel package is not available in the "Red Hat Enterprise
Linux Desktop" channel.  It is included in the "Red Hat Desktop
Workstation Client 5" (rhel-i386-client-workstation-5) subchannel.  If
he enables that channel, he should be able to install it.

}

---------------------------
Hope that helps,

If you have access to server contact me off list if you want me to
enable qpid pre-built on
RHEL for you.

regards,
Carl.

RE: M4 C++ build on Redhat 5

Re: M4 C++ build on Redhat 5

Posted by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com>.

Re: M4 C++ build on Redhat 5

Re: M4 C++ build on Redhat 5

Posted by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com>.

just for kicks, try

yum search boost

and see if the devel package shows up. if not you may not have the right
RHN channels selected.

fyi, you can also yum qpid pre-built on RHEL5.
Carl.

Re: M4 C++ build on Redhat 5

Posted by lroloson <lr...@trmi.com>.

Re: M4 C++ build on Redhat 5