Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Vikas Goyal <vi...@easility.com> on 2013/09/02 14:38:56 UTC

Does collection in CQL3 have certain limits?

As there are two ways to support wide rows in CQL3..One is to use composite
keys and another is to use collections like Map, List and Set. The
composite keys method can have millions of columns (transposed to rows)..
This is solving some of our use cases.

However, if we use collections, I want to know if there is a limit that the
collections can store a certain number/amount of data (Like earlier with
Thrift C* supports up-to 2 billion columns in a row)

Thanks,

Vikas Goyal