Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Peter Klügl <pk...@uni-wuerzburg.de> on 2014/04/09 15:16:38 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache UIMA Ruta 2.2.0 RC6

Hi,

the sixth release candidate of Apache UIMA Ruta v2.2.0 is ready for voting.

Changes in RC6 since RC5:
- (UIMA-3729) License file of ruta engine plugin missed items
- (UIMA-3728) Ruta Workbench reports false problem on imported script

Changes in RC5 since RC4:
- fixed relative path to parent pom
- (UIMA-3307) Ruta project references closed project
- (UIMA-3269) Imported type system specified with broken url
- (UIMA-3607) Improve auto-completion functionality for type system import
- (UIMA-3352) absolute vs. relative paths in auto generated engine.xml
- (UIMA-3147) Invisible wildcard match in Ruta should not be applied
- (UIMA-2900) Refactor Ruta IDE validators

Changes in RC4 since RC3:
- ruta-docbook maven.deploy.skip=true
- changed UimafitTest to work without external txt file
- replaced backslashes in ruta-core pom
- added syntax checks of references in EXEC action
- enabled autocompletion on uimafit analysis engines
- (UIMA-3668) Ruta Workbench: Load type system descriptor from maven
dependencies
- (UIMA-3678) Ruta: Trim Action throws Nullpointer on fully trimmed
Annotations
- (UIMA-3207) Investigate if all streams and scanners are closed in Ruta
- (UIMA-3683) Ruta: Add block that stops after first applied statement
- (UIMA-3679) Ruta documentation mentions wordlist with wrong quoting

Staging repository:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheuima-1015/

SVN tag:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/uima/ruta/tags/ruta-2.2.0

Update site:
http://people.apache.org/~pkluegl/uima-releases/ruta-2.2.0-rc6/eclipse-update-site/ruta/

Archive with all sources:
http://people.apache.org/~pkluegl/uima-releases/ruta-2.2.0-rc6/ruta-2.2.0-source-release.zip

Overall 80 issues have been fixed for this release.
They can be found in the RELEASE_NOTES.html and here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20UIMA%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%202.2.0ruta%20AND%20component%20%3D%20ruta%20ORDER%20BY%20priority%20DESC

Major Changes in this Release

UIMA Ruta Language and Analysis Engine:
- Major performance improvements
- Improved import type functionality and handling of ambiguous short names
- Support of block extensions for rule inference adaptions
- Options to determine where the next match should start
- Requires at least Java 6
- Many bug fixes

UIMA Ruta Workbench:
- Smaller improvements in many views
- Support of mixin Java/Ruta projects
- Many bug fixes

Please vote on release:

[ ] +1 OK to release
[ ]  0 Don't care
[ ] -1 Not OK to release, because ...

Thanks.

Peter

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache UIMA Ruta 2.2.0 RC6

Posted by Peter Klügl <pk...@uni-wuerzburg.de>.
Am 10.04.2014 10:11, schrieb Peter Klügl:
> I'll try to reproduce it, but my maven knowledge is probably too limited
> that I will find the cause or solution.

I deleted org.eclipse in .m2 and changed maven to 3.2.1. No proxy.

mvn clean install on ruta/trunk worked fine without problems.

Peter

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
Maybe we could do this once, and put the "repo" in our website.  We should ask
infra about this first though, I think, in case there's a better place.

-Marshall

Posted by Peter Klügl <pk...@uni-wuerzburg.de>.

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.

Posted by Peter Klügl <pk...@uni-wuerzburg.de>.

Posted by Richard Eckart de Castilho <re...@apache.org>.
On 09.04.2014, at 23:53, Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> wrote:

> I see the .index directory at
> http://zoidberg.ukp.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de/artifactory/public-ext-osgi-releases-local
> has a couple of files that have today's date - were they rebuilt today, and did
> something go wrong with that?

That is theoretically possible. We had some major infrastructure problems early this week.
I plan to upgrade the repository software soon - at least that should take care of any issues.
Otherwise, I can kill the indexes and have them rebuilt - that may or may not help. I gather
that they have already been rebuilt (see date), so I wouldn't expect significant results
from that.

-- Richard

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache UIMA Ruta 2.2.0 RC6

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
signature OK on source-release

intermittent issue building from source using 3.2.1 (not a blocker, described in
other parts of this thread)

compare source / svn tag: OK

issues fixed: OK

Eclipse install OK

source release License /Notice OK

Jar license notice in ruta-ep-engine: OK

Checked some other Jar licenses / notices - they look OK too.

[x] +1 OK to release

-Marshall Schor

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache UIMA Ruta 2.2.0 RC6

Posted by Peter Klügl <pk...@uni-wuerzburg.de>.
Am 11.04.2014 15:08, schrieb Richard Eckart de Castilho:
> All actions performed on OS X 10.9.2.
>
> - build from svn tag with clean repository
> -- Oracle Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0-b132)  : FAIL [see 1 below]
> -- Oracle Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_51-b13): OK

It's a known problem of antlr 3.5.1 with java 8 and should be fixed in
antlr 3.5.2. I haven't used java 8 yet myself otherwise I would have
probably updated the dependency. Maybe I'll go even for antlr 4...

> - build from source zip with clean repository
> -- Oracle Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0-b132)  : not tested
> -- Oracle Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_51-b13): OK
>
> - "update" in Eclipse Kepler SR 2
> -- uninstall previous release candidate (uninstalled feature,
>    deleted *ruta* from plugins folder, removed ruta entries from
>    artifact.xml with text editor, restarted with -clean)      : ARGH!
> -- install from update site                                   : OK
>
> - rough look into various other places (JARs, PDF)            : OK
>
> There are binary release packages generated. I remember that you didn't want to ship
> those for reasons that I do not remember anymore. Maybe building them should be
> disabled as well?

There is a switch dependent on the existence of bin.xml, which
deactivates the upload of the source-release if I remember correctly. It
was less work and it follows the usual build process this way. Maybe,
there will sometimes a binary release, who knows...

> I still find it pretty annoying that the Eclipse bundles do not have
> a time-based qualifier. Removing an RC from Eclipse and reinstalling it
> is a major hassle. Most of our users should (I suppose) try to upgrade
> existing plugins to new versions. We should be able to update to a new
> RC and eventually to a final version, just as a regular user does.

In the typical end user scenario, this is not so problematic because the
users just install released versions, which can be upgraded.

I totally agree with you. Most "users" I know use snapshot versions and
do not even install the plugins but start them in development mode in
order to avoid this problem.

I just haven't found a way to build valid bundles with timestamps yet.

Peter

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
On 4/11/2014 9:26 AM, Peter Klügl wrote:
> That are three votes now. If nobody objects, e.g, because of the java 8
> issue, then I will close the vote on monday since it has not been open
> for 72h right now.
+1 :-) -Marshall

Posted by Peter Klügl <pk...@uni-wuerzburg.de>.

Posted by Richard Eckart de Castilho <re...@apache.org>.

Posted by Peter Klügl <pk...@uni-wuerzburg.de>.
compared svn-tag with source-release - OK
deleted ruta stuff in .m2
mvn clean install svn-tag - OK
deleted ruta stuff in .m2
mvn clean install source-release - OK

checked license/notice of engine plugin - OK

installed workbench in kepler sr1 with uima features present - OK
created project and tested a simple script - OK

[X] +1 OK to release

Peter

Re: [VOTE][RESULT] Release Apache UIMA Ruta 2.2.0 RC6

Posted by Peter Klügl <pk...@uni-wuerzburg.de>.
Hi,

the vote passes with the following result:

+1 Peter Klügl
+1 Marshall Schor
+1 Richard Eckart de Castilho

No other votes were received.