Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Zhenyu Zhong <zh...@gmail.com> on 2010/05/04 22:22:17 UTC

about CombineFileInputFormat

Hi,

I tried to use CombineFileInputFormat in 0.20.2. It seems I need to extend
it because it is an abstract class.
However, I need to implement getRecordReader method in the extended class.

May I ask how to implement this getRecordReader method?

I tried to do something like this:

public RecordReader getRecordReader(InputSplit genericSplit, JobConf job,

Reporter reporter) throws IOException {

// TODO Auto-generated method stub

reporter.setStatus(genericSplit.toString());

return new CombineFileRecordReader(job, (CombineFileSplit) genericSplit,
reporter, CombineFileRecordReader.class);

}

It doesn't seem to be working. I would be very appreciated if someone can
shed a light on this.

thanks
zhenyu

Re: about CombineFileInputFormat