Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Aaron Schlesinger <aa...@advanced.org> on 1998/11/04 22:03:32 UTC

suexec/3342: suEXEC compiles but does not wrap cgi's

>Number:         3342
>Category:       suexec
>Synopsis:       suEXEC compiles but does not wrap cgi's
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Release:        1.3.3
>Environment:
Output of uname -a:
IRIX64 dev99 6.5 05190003 IP27

Running on an SGI Origin 200 with 512 megs of ram. Running IRIX 6.5
I have made several attemps at compiling apache 1.3.3 and have not been able to
get suEXEC to actually wrap cgi's. suexec is located in sbin, it is chmoded
with the setuid bit, and httpd does recognize it's existance. However, when a
cgi is executed, there is no evidence of the suexec doing its job, ie, the
uid and gid is not changed.
>How-To-Repeat:
I'm not sure, as far as I can tell suexec no longer functions.
>Fix:
I wish :-)