Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Costin <co...@edison.ro> on 2003/11/27 19:51:07 UTC

[Modeler] mbeans xml files

Hello, everyone!

I've  noticed  in modeler-1.1 CVS a file named mbeans.xml which serves
(as I read from the description) as a test file
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/jakarta-commons/modeler/mbeans.xml?rev=1.1&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

The  default  mbeans-description.xml  is  quite  okay  but misses some
needed  futures like:

1. support  for  all  the  options  available  to  ModelMBeans  like
currencyTimeLimit and persistent*, so on..

2. value assignment (also present in mbeans.xml) :
<attribute name="Port" type="int" value="9998"/>
       or
<arg type="java.lang.Object">java.naming.provider.url</arg>

3. Also  some  security hooks would  be  nice  (for  methods  and
attributes) but this may lead to other problems.

These features are already into the JBoss service-xml files describing mbeans.

Are there any plans to implement these features or others into Modeler
soon   enough?  I  know  that  it  is used in Tomcat and with Geronimo
around the corner I hope to see more work on this project.

P.S.
I am not just suggesting here - I started writing a template
file  for  XDoclet  to generate xml files easily. I hope to send it to
the project quite soon.

--
Best regards,
 Costin                          mailto:costin@edison.ro