Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Paul Stewart <ps...@nexicomgroup.net> on 2006/04/05 20:39:50 UTC

Nutch 500 Error

Hi there...

I was having a number of problems with my install, mainly because I'm
not used to Tomcat and/or Nutch etc...

Anyways, I am running Fedora 4 and was told that the packages are bad
idea to use so uninstalled all of my java/tomcat rpm's and installed new
binaries today from the source sites (Sun Java / Apache Tomcat)

Things are looking better I think but when I try to run a search I get
this:

HTTP Status 500 -

--------

type Exception report

message

it from fulfilling this request.

exception

org.apache.jasper.JasperException

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.handleJspException(JspServle
tWrapper.java:510)

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.ja
va:393)

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:314)

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:264)

root cause

java.lang.NullPointerException
	org.apache.nutch.searcher.NutchBean.init(NutchBean.java:96)
	org.apache.nutch.searcher.NutchBean.<init>(NutchBean.java:82)
	org.apache.nutch.searcher.NutchBean.<init>(NutchBean.java:72)
	org.apache.nutch.searcher.NutchBean.get(NutchBean.java:64)
	org.apache.jsp.search_jsp._jspService(search_jsp.java:112)

org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:97)

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.ja
va:332)

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:314)

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:264)

The search page comes up fine.... I figure this must be something simple
I hope... I read on the Nutch site about utf-8 and added it to the
configuration of my Tomcat5 server... Any other ideas?

Thanks again,

Paul

Re: Nutch 500 Error

Posted by TDLN <di...@gmail.com>.
My guess is you have to override the searcher.dir property in
nutch-site.xml and have it point to your crawl dir.

Rgrds, Thomas