Posted to qa@openoffice.apache.org by Bryn Macaulay <br...@blether.org.uk> on 2013/02/19 19:38:45 UTC

Problem with OpenOffice 3.2.0

Hello there, I was recently using openoffice and I entered the following
data into a table:
If you cannot see an image here, please switch to a browser that
supports images or enable image loading..
However, after saving, quitting and re-opening it had turned into this:
If you cannot see this, the vital information is many numbers on the
table were rounded.
Have you any idea what happened and how I can stop this happening in the
future? Please reply.
Thank you.

Re: Problem with OpenOffice 3.2.0

Posted by Regina Henschel <rb...@t-online.de>.
Hi Bryn,

Bryn Macaulay schrieb:
> Hello there, I was recently using openoffice and I entered the following
> data into a table:
> If you cannot see an image here, please switch to a browser that
> supports images or enable image loading..
> However, after saving, quitting and re-opening it had turned into this:
> If you cannot see this, the vital information is many numbers on the
> table were rounded.
> Have you any idea what happened and how I can stop this happening in the
> future? Please reply.
> Thank you.

to find the reason it is necessary to get the original document. Can you
upload it somewhere?

And there are some details missing:
Do you use Calc or do you use a Writer table?
What is your operating system?
What format do you have used when saving?
Does the same problem exists, when you use an actual version? OOo3.2.0
is very outdated.

If you are using Calc, have you examined, whether all numbers, which you
use, are really numbers. Perhaps some are text, that looks like a number?

This mailing-list is not the correct one, because this mailing list is
for organizing the work of the members in the area of quality assurance.
problems like yours.

Kind regards
Regina