Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Charlie Smith <Sm...@ldschurch.org> on 2003/02/24 18:30:11 UTC

Re: sanity check problem: Help installing mod_perl 1.27andapache 1.3.27

Hi Ged,

apache and mod_perl at 1.3.19 and 1.25, resp.  I came on board after apache and
mod_perl had been installed via binaries off of a cd.
It is part of my task to upgrade these and try and get rid of some problems
with mod_perl.

Current configuration:
GCC 2.95, PERL 5.8, DBI 1.3 and DBD::Oracle 1.12, Oracle 9.0.1 SunOS 5.8
Generic 108528-12 sun4u sparc SUNW, Ultra-80, Apache 1.3.19
mod_perl/1.25

>>> "Ged Haywood" <ge...@www2.jubileegroup.co.uk> 02/24/03 10:03AM >>>
Hello again Charlie,

On Mon, 24 Feb 2003, Charlie Smith wrote:

> Yes.  I used gcc to compile perl 5.8, DBI 1.30, DBD::Orace 1.12.

And Apache and mod_perl?

> I did have similar type of problem with perl 5.8 install.  I changed
> all file containing 'WI,-E' to not use ',-E'.  This allowed me to
> get through the 'make' for perl 5.8.

I almost suggested doing something similar in my previous post.
But it's better to fix the build process and submit a patch... :)

73,
Ged.

This message may contain confidential information, and is intended only for the use of the individual(s) to whom it is addressed.