Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Jean-François Ménard <me...@logyka.com> on 2004/05/23 12:20:21 UTC

[Fwd: RE: Jetspeed 1.6-dev from CVS - Freeze in CastorRegistryService]

The fix didn't work for me.

Tomcat do not go into an infinite loop anymore, but Jetspeed can't show
crash at the welcome page.

So, i'm still stuck...  I would REALLY like to be able to use Velocity
or JSP with my portlets... ;-)

Would there exist any fix or workaround ?

Thanks for your patience...

Le ven 21/05/2004 à 19:20, Jeremy Ford a écrit :
> The patch has not been applied to head.
>
> The reason that the patch has not been applied is that it has not been
> reviewed yet.  Also, it's a major change (from what I remember) to the
> Registry service.
>
> If possible, I wouldn't mind feedback from users who have applied the
patch
> to their system to see what kind of results they have had.
>
> Jeremy Ford
> jford@apache.org

Jetspeed
> hang and cannot start anymore. In fact, as soon as I insert one of
these
> portlets in my psml files, I can't start Jetspeed anymore...
>
> What's very bizarre is that HelloJSP from Jetspeed work fine!!!
>
> In jetspeedservices.log, I have:
>
> 2004-05-21 18:04:25,270 [DaemonThread:feeddaemon] DEBUG
> CastorRegistryService - RegistryService: Waiting for init of
Registry...
> 2004-05-21 18:04:25,772 [DaemonThread:feeddaemon] DEBUG
> CastorRegistryService - RegistryService: Waiting for init of
Registry...
> 2004-05-21 18:04:26,274 [DaemonThread:feeddaemon] DEBUG
> CastorRegistryService - RegistryService: Waiting for init of
Registry...
> 2004-05-21 18:04:26,775 [DaemonThread:feeddaemon] DEBUG
> CastorRegistryService - RegistryService: Waiting for init of
Registry...
> 2004-05-21 18:04:27,277 [DaemonThread:feeddaemon] DEBUG
> CastorRegistryService - RegistryService: Waiting for init of
Registry...
> 2004-05-21 18:04:27,779 [DaemonThread:feeddaemon] DEBUG
> CastorRegistryService - RegistryService: Waiting for init of
Registry...
> ..
> ..
>
> I found a thread in mailing list archives wich point to a patch posted
> in Jira.
>
> Question:
>
>       - If the patch is the fix, wasn't it merged in HEAD?
>       - If yes, then my issue is something else.
>       - If not, why not?  Are there any issues with this fix?

Jean-François Ménard
Logyka technologies inc.